- DAWN and DARK members
- People at any career stages are welcome
- Share resources and promote conversations that help us to take initial steps to become educated and effective allies to our underrepresented minority colleagues.
- Discussions that help us to become aware of the long history of inequity and discrimination against groups marginalized because of their sex, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, disability status, and more, that persists in our communities.
- Participation in this meeting is a small way to inform ourselves about our biases and the shortcomings of our academic culture and to identify actions we may take to make positive change.
When and how
- Paper discussion: one Wednesday per month at 14:00 for 60 minutes.
- Seminar: last Thursday of the month, at 14.00.
Schedule and resources for Paper Discussion
|10.11||Francesca Rizzo||Negative impacts of precarity||Nature Article||These are some of our answers to the question:
"Which are the negative impacts of precarity?"- A lot of time spent in applications for new jobs and grants
- Difficult to make long-term plans for life and family
- Stress, mental health
Which role models are effective for which students?
|International Journal of STEM Education|
|19.01||Clara Giménez Arteaga||End the neglect of young people's mental health||Nature article|
|09.02||Alejandro Vigna Gomez||How Latin American researchers suffer in science||Nature article|
September - December 2022
|29.9||Anita Zanella||Inclusivity||Sonification and Sound Design for Astronomy Research, Education and Public Engagement|
January - May 2022
|27.1||Leonard Burtsche||Climate change||Astronomy and the climate crisis.|
|24.2||Manuela Schuetze||Mental Health||It’s OK to not be OK - confronting the mental health crisis in academia.|
|31.3||Frank Baaijens||Gender bias||Female academics are too scarce. So their applications are going to the top of the pile|
|28.4||Sara Lucatello||Unconscious bias||Unconscious bias in academia (and elsewhere): what is it, what does it do and what we can do about it|
|26.5||Daniela Huppenkothen||Academic Hiring||Rethinking Academic Hiring: Experiences from Three Years of Hiring for a Postdoctoral Fellowship|
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Tags: Working groups